'Kaltern Pop' is the name of this new lakeview festival project for music lovers who enjoy good food and wine in graceful surroundings. Click here for further information. >
Biking Holiday in Kaltern
We have to be honest: It's really not so easy to find long stretches of flat roads and paths for a smooth bike tour here. Not only does Kaltern lay near the lake, it is also situated in the middle of glacier-formed hills and at the foot of the Mendel mountain chain. But how cool is that! The lake, the hills, and the mountains offer so much variety; and if you look a bit closer, you'll discover that after all, there is the Etsch River valley that meanders evenly through the landscape.
The village Kaltern offers
- Eigth months of the ideal weather conditions for biking
- Guided biking-tours at different difficulty levels
- A variety of sports activities
- A perfect combination of the Alpine and Mediterranean cuisine
- The wine "Kalterersee" and other excellent wine
- The warmest bathing lake in the Alps
- 21 biking-routes
- GPS- and E-Bike rental stations
The villag e Kaltern hosts
- The cycle races TOUR and BIKE Transalp
- The BIKE Women Camp
"Bike friendly businesses" are especially geared to accommodating cycling guests and visitors and you'll even find a specially created Bike Guide, which is available at the tourism association.
Now, there's nothing standing in the way of a fabulous biking holiday in Kaltern am See!